200 Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training | Yoga for Life in our Modern World
— OPEN HOUSE: Sunday October 1, 1-2PM + Sunday November 12, 1-2PM —
— Early bird pricing expires November 17, 2017 —
Afterglow’s Yoga Teacher Training is a life changing program. YOGAVIDA has been uniquely designed to combine the tradition of yoga with a modern twist, so that you can incorporate yoga into your everyday life. Designed to go beyond just the postures or asana, YOGAVIDA incorporates anatomy, philosophy, meditation, pranayama, and mindfulness.
Minimum of 6 months of practicing yoga and/or meditation or studies in other related mind-body disciplines. We strongly recommend that you begin a regular practice at Afterglow prior to the program commencing.
Afterglow is an accredited Yoga Alliance School. Upon completion of the program and final exam requirements, you will be qualified to register the Yoga Alliance to receive your 200-hour Teacher Training certification.
We have created a top-notch faculty for you to learn from to deepen your knowledge and love of yoga:
Lisa will show you how yoga, in all its nuances, can be applied to every aspect of our modern world. She will bring the spirituality, tradition and culture of yoga to light, and expose a side of yoga you may not have experienced before.
Queenie has more than 500 hours of training and is a master of sequencing, exploring postures and uniting breath and movement into our Vinyasa Flow. You will learn to take your practice to a new level and your own complete flow so you are a teacher even before you graduate.
Julie makes yoga relatable, creative and fun. As one of our most popular teachers at Afterglow Studio she exemplifies that if you be yourself the rest will follow. She will empower you to find your own, speak,laugh and engage the language of yoga. She will also guide you through our Vinyasa 101 training, providing you with clear alignment cues and tips on how to see the body of your clients and gain a deeper connection with them.
Liz will take you through the Biz of Yoga and the ins and outs of becoming an independent contractor. Her Mindfulness exploration will be a piece of the puzzle that will add to your experience that other trainings do not offer. Along with Julie, they will bring a Life Coaching element that will help launch you forward in seeking your life’s goals and finding your passion, as well as using coaching skills in your teaching practice.
180 In-Class Hours
January 12: 6-10PM
January 13-14: 8-5pm
January 27-28: 8-5pm
February 10-11: 8-5pm
February 24-25: 8-5pm
February 28: 6-10pm
March 2: 6-10pm
March 24-25: 8-5pm
April 7-8: 8-5pm
April 21-22: 8-5pm
May 5-6: 8-5Pm
May 26-27: 8-5pm
June 9-10: 8-5pm
June 23: 8-1pm
June 23: 6-8pm
• Students should expect an additional 1-3 hours per week of self-study
• Students are expected to take an additional 25 hours at Afterglow Studio during the duration of the program, approximately 2 classes per week, maintaining a log of classes taken
This training is designed to teach you how to confidently cue, adjust and sequence vinyasa flow classes while creating your own style and essence of teaching.
Led by some of toronto’s most popular instructors and visiting teachers in Yogic Arts, this training is designed to teach you:
- Jivamukti Yoga: Practices for liberating body and soul – by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary… – Sri S. Satchidananda
- Yoga Anatomy – by Leslie Kaminoff
- Bhakti Flow, Rusty Wells
- A New Earth By Eckhart Tolle
* Please note the course books listed above need to be purchased separately and are not included in tuition.
Homework and Integrated Yoga Practice:
- Supervised practice teaching sessions with constructive feedback
- Self Study/Homework includes reading texts, written assignments and oral presentations (expected additional homework hours 2 hours per week, plus additional reading)
- Attend all 10 weekends at 16 hours each weekend plus 4 additional days at 4 hours each.
- Participate in 25 Public classes (minimum of 12 at afterglow)
- Complete 4 Observation Classes Submit all homework assignments in a timely manner for review
Application Fee (due upon submission of application): $25 +HST
Upon acceptance of the program, a $500 deposit is due to hold your spot.
By November 17
- Early Bird Pricing: $3,300 +HST (if paid in full by November 17, 2017)
- Includes complimentary 4-month membership to Afterglow Studio
After November 17
- Regular Pricing: $3,500 + HST (regular pricing deadline to register January 6th, 2018)
- Includes complimentary 3-month membership to Afterglow Studio
- Private consult with Program Director to set goals
- Afterglow Studio 200 Hour Training Manual
- 10% off retail and most workshops for duration of the program
*Please note, required texts are additional cost
Cancellation Policy: $500 deposit will be held if cancellation occurs before December 31, 2017