200 Hour Yoga Alliance Teacher Training | Yoga for Life in our Modern World
Afterglow’s Yoga Teacher Training is a life-changing program. YOGAVIDA has been uniquely designed to combine the tradition of yoga with a modern twist so that you can incorporate yoga into your everyday life. Designed to go beyond just the postures or asana, YOGAVIDA incorporates anatomy, philosophy, meditation, pranayama, and mindfulness. Our program also includes 4 Private Coaching sessions with owner and coach Elizabeth Doyle Harmer
Minimum of 6 months of practicing yoga and/or meditation or studies in other related mind-body disciplines. We strongly recommend that you begin a regular practice at Afterglow prior to the program commencing.
Afterglow is an accredited Yoga Alliance School. Upon completion of the program and final exam requirements, you will be qualified to register the Yoga Alliance to receive your 200-hour Teacher Training certification.
We have created a top-notch faculty for you to learn from to deepen your knowledge and love of yoga:
Lisa will show you how yoga, in all its nuances, can be applied to every aspect of our modern world. She will bring the spirituality, tradition and culture of yoga to light, and expose a side of yoga you may not have experienced before.
Queenie has more than 500 hours of training and is a master of sequencing, exploring postures and uniting breath and movement into our Vinyasa Flow. You will learn to take your practice to a new level and your own complete flow so you are a teacher even before you graduate.
Julie makes yoga relatable, creative and fun. As one of our most popular teachers at Afterglow Studio she exemplifies that if you be yourself the rest will follow. She will empower you to find your own, speak,laugh and engage the language of yoga. She will also guide you through our Vinyasa 101 training, providing you with clear alignment cues and tips on how to see the body of your clients and gain a deeper connection with them.
Liz will take you through the Biz of Yoga and the ins and outs of becoming an independent contractor. Her Mindfulness exploration will be a piece of the puzzle that will add to your experience that other trainings do not offer. Along with Julie, they will bring a Life Coaching element that will help launch you forward in seeking your life’s goals and finding your passion, as well as using coaching skills in your teaching practice.
Our Anatomy and physiology instructor Megan Evans holds a K.P.S. Certified Kickboxing certification and has 14 years of Kickboxing training. As owner of The Therapy Lounge in the Beaches, she has a vast knowledge of the body and muscular system from her 15 years of work as an R.M.T. With a background in competitive figure skating, gymnastics, and dance, as well as a passion for yoga, this program comes to you with the foremost knowledge in all things anatomy and physiology.
Jonathan focuses on how yoga can improve your life, the importance of finding a balance between mobility and stability, and how to keep your body safe while practicing. He often challenges people to rethink each pose and their practice so that it better serves themselves. Together, you will explore postures and their variations, discover what styles of yoga speak to you, and likely have a few laughs along the way!
176 in class hours
January 10 6pm-10pm — Opening Ceremony
January 11 8am-6pm
January 12 8am-6pm
January 24 6pm-10pm
January 25 8am-6pm
January 26 8am-6pm
February 7 6pm-10pm
February 8 8am-6pm
February 9 8am-6pm
February 21 6pm-10pm
February 22 8am-6pm
February 23 8am-6pm
March 27 6pm-10pm
March 28 8am-6pm
March 29 8am-6pm
April 10 6pm-10pm
April 11 8am-6pm
April 12 8am-6pm
May 1 6pm-10pm
May 2 8am-6pm
May 3 8am- 6pm
May 29 6pm-10pm
May 30 8am-6pm
May 31 8am-6pm
June 13 EXAM and Graduation
• Students should expect an additional 1-3 hours per week of self-study
• Students are expected to take an additional 25 hours at Afterglow Studio during the duration of the program, approximately 2 classes per week, maintaining a log of classes taken
This training is designed to teach you how to confidently cue, adjust and sequence vinyasa flow classes while creating your own style and essence of teaching.
Led by some of Toronto’s most popular instructors and visiting teachers in Yogic Arts, this training is designed to teach you:
- Core principles of anatomy and physiology
- Vinyasa yoga sequencing grounded in proper alignment
- Pose modifications to teach to all levels and body types, from beginner to advanced
- Verbal cues and hands‐on assists to safely modify postures with respect and consideration
- Presentation skills to help bring your unique personality and style into your teaching
- Breath/ pranayama awareness and practices
- Sanskrit terms and their translations
- History and philosophy of yoga, and its modern applications
- Focus on Meditation and Mindfulness as an additional element to the required curriculum
- The Business of Yoga
- Personal development with Life Coaching and Self Awareness Practice added to enhance your own self-compassion and self-esteem
- Graduates will feel confident in teaching Meditation, Pranayama, Flow Basics, Vinyasa Flow, and advanced level classes
- Upon graduation, you will be prepared to teach a 60 minute Vinyasa Flow class and more
- Bhagavad Gita- Translated by Stephan Mitchell
- A New Earth- Eckart Tolle
- Yoga Anatomy- Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Sutras- Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Jivamukti- Sharon Gannon and David Life
* Please note the course books listed above need to be purchased separately and are not included in tuition.
Homework and Integrated Yoga Practice:
- Supervised practice teaching sessions with constructive feedback
- Self Study/Homework includes reading texts, written assignments and oral presentations (expected additional homework hours 2 hours per week, plus additional reading)
- Keep a meditation journal.
- Attend all 8 weekends at 14 hours each
- Participate in 25 Public classes (minimum of 12 at afterglow)
- Complete 4 Observation Classes Submit all homework assignments in a timely manner for review
Application Fee (due upon submission of application): $25 +HST
Upon acceptance of the program, a $500 deposit is due to hold your spot.
By November 15, 2019
- Early Bird Pricing: $3,300 + HST
- Includes a complimentary membership to Afterglow for the duration of your course
After November 15, 2019
- Regular Pricing: $3,500 + HST
- 4 Private coaching sessions with coach, Liz Doyle Harmer
- Complimentary membership to Afterglow for the duration of your course from the time of full payment
- Afterglow Studio 200 Hour Training Manual
- 10% off retail and most workshops for the duration of the program
*Please note, required texts are an additional cost
Cancellation Policy: $500 deposit will be held if cancellation occurs after December 1, 2019
No refund upon commencement of the program.
YOGAVIDA ELIGIBLE FOR TAX CREDIT
YogaVida’s yoga teacher training is registered with The Minister of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). Upon completion of the program, we can provide students with T2202A certificates to claim education-related tax credits, such as the tuition tax credit. The tax credit allows students to reduce their income taxes by taking into account the total tuition fees paid for education. All students should check with their accountant or financial adviser when preparing their tax return.