Glow Girls is a program devoted to celebrating girls and all they can do! Designed specifically for girls aged 9-13 when, research shows, self-esteem can start to decline. We teach girls how to empower themselves and support each other through nutrition, yoga, mindfulness, and – let’s not forget – fun!
The goals of the program are to:
- To increase emotional intelligence, happiness, resiliency, and confidence through proven practices including mindfulness, self-compassion, gratitude, goal-setting and yoga.
- To create a safe community space where girls can be themselves and learn to support each other.
- To help girls make positive food choices and develop a healthy body image through nutrition training.
- To teach girls the importance of giving back and working as a team by working on their own community service project.
- To foster a process oriented rather than outcome approach. We may not succeed. We may not reach our BIG goals.
But regardless of what happens we will all learn and have fun!
Know someone who would make a great Glow Girl but needs financial support? Then nominate a GLOW GIRL scholar today!
Tell us in 500 words or less why your daughter, friend, student, neighbour should be accepted into our January GLOW GIRL program. At Glow Girl’s we focus on uplifting and empowering ourselves as well as others, through mindfulness, yoga, goal setting, and fun. There’s no stopping a Glow Girl!
Each nominee will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Positive Attitude/ Willingness to learn: We can teach leadership, team-building, goal-setting and yoga but only if there’s a willingness to learn. Tell us how your Glow Girl demonstrates a can-do positive attitude and open-ness to learning.
- Income: We follow Revenue Canada’s Low Income Cut-offs (LICOs) click here which are based on a family’s size, the population they live in, and the total family income (before tax). For example, a child from a family of four living in Toronto with a total family income (before tax) of less than $45,206 would meet our requirements.
- Has a kind and compassionate heart: Tell us how your Glow Girl has made a difference in the lives of others in some way. Give an example of a time when she has used kindness, patience, empathy, and generosity to deal with a challenging situation.